Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's a Sad Week!

We lost 3 colleagues, good team members, partners and brilliant minds within a short span of a couple of weeks. It saddened me to see the team disintegrated, especially, in this way. It saddened to see organization lost the amount of knowledge that will leave with these teammates. The understanding, trust and comradies that were painstakingly built over time collapsed with the departure.

Undoubtly, there will always be a school of thoughts that find such departure as part and parcel of corporate evoluation and would argue not to make a mountain out of a molehill. I will still find such thoughts difficult to accept.

I was, and still am, a strong believer that high performance can co-exist with fun. Civilian organization, without the regimental rigidness of military organization, can be as effective and efficient. Mutual respect and good command and control can co-exist.

These series of departure, coupled with the negative energy arising from "politiking" among a specific group of people within the organization, were causing my morale to sink and fast reaching the seabed. These, and many other events, was affecting my confidence and my abilility to drive forward.

Have I lost the plot? Why should I bear with such nonsense?

No comments: