Sunday, July 30, 2006

Toyota Altis 1.6A

I got my new Altis on Friday, July 28, 2006. My first NEW car. The 1.6 litre saloon was a proven no frill family car. It came with a reputation for fuel efficieny, reliable and economical at its class. Those were my reasons to choose this saloon on Mitsubishi Lancer, Renault Megane & Nissan Saloon.

Actually, it was my third car following Renault Clio 1.4 and Nissan EX Saloon 1.5. However, this medium silver machine was my first automatic transmission car costing me around S$55K (inclusive COE at around S$11K). Being made in Thailand doesn't make this car any less Japanese. It came with the same VVTI engine, smooth & efficient gearbox. The interior remains satisfactory with beige leather upholstery and wood panelling on the centre console with a MP3 CD-player with control from the steering wheel and a digital climate control.


Technical Specifications

MODEL - All NEW TOYOTA ALTIS 1.6A

ENGINE
Engine: 1598cc 16V in-line 4 with VVT-i
Max Power: 110bhp at 6000rpm
Max Torque: 150Nm at 3800rpm

TRANSMISSION
four-speed automatic

TOP SPEED
185 kmh

0-100km/h
11.7s


I am happy with this new toy.

No comments: