Friday, December 25, 2009

Food Glorious Food!


This trip to Hong Kong allowed me to revisit Gui Kee (my favourite Wanton Noodle stall off Carnavaro Road in Tsim Sha Tsui). A bowl of soup wanton noodle cost HK$19 and Wanton/Fish ball Combo was HK$25. I had been eating there for more than 10 years visiting them every time I went to Hong Kong.

My other favourite is Cafe de Coral, a Hong Kong style fast food with branches all across the islands. Cafe de Coral offered excellent pork chop rice, Honk Kong style milk tea, roast pork, hot pot and "Lao Ding" or Dry instant noodle. A meal would usually cost less than HK$40.


                   Fried Kway Tiao from wedding and Kowloon Hotel's Wanton Noodle

                           Gui Ji's Wanton Noodle (off Carnavaro Rd) & Mince Meat Rice with Oyster Egg at Tung Chung's Food Republic


Pork Chop Rice from Cafe de Coral Vegetatian Noodle & Snacks from Lantau Island

I also "Yam Cha" and had "Time Sum" on several occasions. I went to the resturant at Kwan Tung's APM building and another time at a resturant in Prince Edward. This seems to be a must-do thing when visiting Hong Kong. 

I also had lunch buffet at Kowloon hotel where they served decent wanton noodle, shark fins soup and a wide variety of choices Cantonese, Indian, Western and South Asian crusine.

Then there was tea-time at Lantau Island and Oyster egg for dinner at Food Republic in Tung Chung. My dinner set of minced pork rice with oyster egg cost around HK$40. I find it value-for-money and very tasty too. It was certainly relatively cheaper then the Food Republic in Singapore.

Hong Kong is not only a good destination for food but also good for pictures.

1 comment:

el said...

must follow Ed to HK next time if you are going for food !!